Friday, January 18, 2008

Decisions

I’m not sure what I will do for the primaries. My options are; to vote against Huckabee in the Republican primary, or to vote against Clinton and Edwards in the Democratic primary, or try to commit voter fraud and vote in both. The two parties have made the third option very viable this year by splitting up the dates in which the contests will be held. And considering most polling places are ran by our beloved senior citizen brigade of volunteers, it is very conceivable that I could get away with it.

We don’t have to register party affiliation in South Carolina. And I have always felt that we as voters should be able to vote in both parties’ primaries. And why shouldn’t we? Unfortunately we have only a two party system. By saying you can only vote in one primary, what it tells me is I only have about a fifty percent interest in who should be president. If I was a Republican and I knew that the Democrats had a better chance at winning the general election why wouldn’t I want to have my say about who would do a better job. And the same goes for Democrats.

As a member of the Bull-Moose party, I know that my write in candidate has no chance of winning, So I should at least have some say in what the out come will be. And the primaries are the only chance I have.

No comments: