Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Utopian Doctors Vist

Here is a scene from what will be your friendly neighborhood Hillary Health Care Clinic come 2009.

You walk in stand in line, once you get to the front desk:

Lady behind desk: What are you hear for?

Patent: I have had chronic heart burn for the past three weeks.

LBD: Let me see you national heath care card.

P: Hands over card.

LBD: You have only earned enough credits for a foot scraping and a throat culture.

P: But I don't need either of those things, I think I might have an ulcer.

Could I just see a doctor?

LBD: There is no need to see a doctor, a nurse will be able to take care of the foot scraping and throat culture.

P: But I don't need that.

LBD: Sir this is the United States Government, we have the best socialized medical system in the world. Our lawyers will decide what you need. Do I need to call Security?

P: No No I'll be good.

LBD: Very good, now a look at your records indicates that you are only at a level 2 on the medical hierarchy, you have a low stress job and home life and therefor not eligible for ulcer treatment. Now you have 30 credits that are good for a foot scraping and throat culture and they will expire next month. So when would you like an appointment?

P: OK OK how about next Thursday?

LBD: Sorry our next appointment is not until September of 2011, NEXT!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: