Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Last Word On Imus

It looks as if Don Imus is done for. Westwood one and CBS are starting to loose big time advertisers. They will probable cut him loose after his radiothon. It really is a shame. He will bounce back though, I'm sure XM or Sirius would Love to have him on their systems, and he would do well their. I would have to believe that he has some sort of no compete clause in his contract with CBS, although I don't know if that would be applicable if he made the jump to non-terrestrial radio. I'm also sure he will get offers from other talk stations in NY, although I imagine they will want radical changes in the shows format that he probably will not want to accept. I never really cared for the show, but he along with Stern and a hand full of others changed the face of radio.
One other thing I noticed during all of this, is the lack of loyalty. A week ago every journalist in the country was clamoring to to get on his show either to hock some book or just get their opinion on what ever the topic Du-jour happened to be. Not many of them stood up for him. COWARDS! Every last one of them. I have no doubt that once Don gets back on his feet and lands a new gig they will be right back begging to get on his show. Shameful.
I hope his meeting with the Rutgers Ladies Basketball team is productive and this mess can be put behind both sides.

No comments: