Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Throwing Stars

Photobucket


I have decided to take a break from all the political hoopla and focus on a more important subject. Throwing Stars. Yes the shiny pieces of metal that my friends and I played with as youths. Apparently in the hands of a skilled Ninja they can be deadly. But in my hands I was lucky if I got one to stick in a tree. I guess my ninja skills were a little rusty. Here is a kicker, we used to take these discs of death to school with us and play with them during recess. Today I imagine that we would be led off campus in handcuffs and be the top story on the 11 o clock news. "4th grader busted with deadly ninja weaponry". Our parents would be castigated as unfit for allowing their precious little snowflakes to get a hold of such weapons of mass disruption. Shallamar II and The Treasure Box in the old Greenville Mall would have been protested and shut down for endangering the lives of the public.

I have since moved on to a little better means of self defense. No longer do I feel the need to train in the ancient arts of the Ninja. I have traded in my old throwing stars for a nice Taurus PT24/7 40 cal. (Although i do have my eye on an awesome pair of nunchucks, if anyone is interested we will meet behind my dads garage and practice).

No comments: