Tuesday, September 2, 2008

RIP Jerry Reed

jerry 2

Jerry Reed died today of complications from emphysema, he was 71. Jerry Will mostly be remembered for his co-staring role in the Smoky And The Bandit trilogy as well as the music from the movie. But he was also an superb musician, perfecting the "chickin pickin" style on the Guitar. He was also a pretty good actor. A great quote from him when asked about his acting was: "I used to watch people like Richard Burton and Mel Gibson and think, 'I could never do that.'
"When people ask me what my motivation is, I have a simple answer: Money."
One role that stood out for me was in the 1983 film The Survivors. It stared Robin Williams and Walter Matthau. Jerry played a psychotic survivalist and played it to a T. Check out some of his early work with Chet Atkins If you really want to hear his true talent.

No comments: