Monday, April 28, 2008

C U LA TOUR

Ministry rolled into Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte NC Thursday on their C U LA TOUR. Al Jorgenson has said this will be the final installment of the Ministry saga. I decided that this would be a show that if I missed I would regret. I made the trip and was rewarded with a show that was unequalled in intensity. From the fist pumping drumbeats of Rio Grande Blood, to the sensory overload of Just One Fix, Uncle Al gave his all.

I saw Ministry back in 93; I think it was some incarnation of Lollapalooza. Al and company stole the show. The show Thursday was even better because of the venue.
Tremont Music Hall really is my kind of place. It’s big enough to host bands like Ministry but still has the look and feel of a dive bar. The audience this night was an eclectic mix of metal heads, Goth kids, and old school head bangers like myself. We all watched and listened as Uncle Al preached the word of corrupt politicians, government run amok, and the politics of greed.

I hope this will not be the end of Al’s musical aspirations entirely. My guess is that it won’t be. I’m sure he will still have his finger in fire with some of his other bands. (Revolting Cocks, Pig Face, and others)

Here is the good news though the Bush family seems to be Uncle Al’s muse for Ministry,
And we still have Jeb and few others from the Bush clan who might just fuck up enough to lull Ministry back in the studio.

No comments: